words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, July 9, 2009

On illness (yuck!) and birthdays (yay!)

#3 is 4!

So, I have really been wanting to post things here--so many things yet in my mind and camera to share! But on the 3rd I came down with some yucky crud and spent the weekend sick (body aches, headache, sore throat, low fever, runny nose, etc). But was not home in bed, oh no! B's 4th birthday celebration was on the 4th, at the local living history ranch. What more fun could you have on your birthday? Wearing pioneer dress up clothes all day. Marching in a parade (as a suffragette!). Playing with your closest friends in the spreading limbs of a ginormous tree, in plant mazes and tunnels. Being serenaded by a small symphony as you picnic on blankets spread in tree shade. There were lots, lots more fun things going on--this is the second year we have chosen this location for our Independence Day/B's birthday, and I think it will become tradition--but unfortunately I was really just functioning well enough to get through the day and not act sick in front of the birthday guests. I am still not well, but am at least functioning--which is good since it has been a really busy week! But between illness and busyness, I have not had a chance to post any more. Sorry about that, anyone who has not yet abandoned me. I hope to post some more travel pics later today.

In the meantime, here is a video snippet of the 4th of July Parade, at Wilder Ranch State Park, off Highway 1 just north of Santa Cruz. Happy Birthday little B!


No comments:

Post a Comment