words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, November 2, 2015

HI!

It has clearly been waaaaaayyyyy too long since I've blogged. I don't even remember how to do it anymore!  I know why I slowed down the blogging last year (except for the MIL processing), and why I pretty much stopped this year:
* too much to say--just don't even know where to begin, and it is overwhelming to even think about
* the stuff I would want to say I don't feel like saying, and don't know if I should be saying.
* being a tad anti-social and hiding because of everything swimming around in my head.
* my creative writing urges are being spent on developing my LitWits "Master Classes"
* big struggle with brain fog this past year--so when I have the spare moments of time I usually want to rest my brain, not be creative. It's been a big Netflix year.  Sigh.
* feeling like I have too many things needing my attention pretty much every moment of every day. So my blog, even though a good thing, has become a thing it's ok to let go, without feeling guilty.
* 'cause at the end of the day--one less thing is really, really good.

But here are the reasons I want to blog right at this moment:
* A while ago I saw a blog on my sidebar that had been an adoption blog suddenly show up with a whole different face and people and purpose--and I realized that oh, right Blogger will take unused blogs and either delete them or allow other people to take them over (sometimes if they were blogs with big followings that appear to be abandoned Blogger will sell them!) and I don't even think they give you advance notice. I would be so upset if this blog, or Minnie Zephie's, were abruptly taken away from me.  So I'm going to think about long-term saving of the info (save it to my computer, print it out into books--different people do it different ways and I'll have to think what makes the most sense) but until then I'd better at least be sure they do not appear abandoned!
* I have fallen out of touch with pretty much everyone, even my family, pretty much because of all the things mentioned above. So this is one way to step back out into the social world a little. : )
* I would like to make a concerted effort to celebrate the good. This might be a safe place to do it.
* I am also doing so much processing in my life, and maybe there will be some things that are safe/a good idea to process here. I have been processing more mentally--but I forget things so easily--way too easily!--and that is so discouraging, when it feels like I am learning so much and God shows me things and then I forget them!!!!!  Sheesh!
(I have started writing in paper journals--one for different facets of my life. Trying to write down the good things, the encouraging things, the wise things. The things I need to remember but that are maybe too private for sharing here. But even then, I forget to write things down when they happen or when God shows them to me, and then they are lost forever. So blogging a little more might help me get better about recording in general.)
* I forget that blogging is fun! : )

So I'm not making any promises. I'm just going to post this, and hopefully post in Minnie Zephie, and we'll call it good, until next time whenever that is. : )  I don't want bloggin to be a stressful thing--I have enough stressful things in my life already! So thank you in advance for reading this, for caring, for understanding. : )

And I have to make all that reading worth something, so here are some pics!

Feb-Mar 2015 random happenings:

Happy and Smiley as a nurse and orderly. 


Saturday morning reading in bed. There's DH still attempting sleep at the back. ; )


A Barbie game in the bedroom during quiet time. 


Merry on her 12th birthday.


Happy getting one last portrait in the little apron that she inherited from my mother. She has loved and cherished it. . . 


. . . and has sometimes dressed her little brother in it.


For some reason I don't have many photos of Sunny from that period. It was probably a big buckle-down school period and she was most often doing required school. I don't want to talk about it. This post is supposed to be about the good stuff. ; ) So here's a pretty photo of her from last winter.


OK, so that's not much, but it is a start. I hope you all are doing well and are starting your holiday season with lots of love and no stress.




1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to hear you are expressing yourself on paper if not here...I feel similarly about blogging. I wish I could write honestly like I used to but it don't feel safe doing so. There seems to be a million topics but not much I feel I could actually write and push post. All that said I'm so glad you popped in and wrote and I really enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete